Independent Journal Review (IJR), one of the largest publishers in the world, is dedicated to providing objective, fair, and deeply creative and shareable journalism. We are a Top 50 website in the US, averaging more than 30 million unique visitors a month. We beat out our competition by having the best reporting and most creative content on the internet, building a loyal readership, and telling true stories. We are obsessed with the intersection of news, politics, and the internet. We don’t like telling stories the same way everyone else does.
We’re seeking a Human Resources Specialist who wants to be a part of our growing organization! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to support our professional writers, editors, designers and videographers who create the most dynamic, breaking, newsworthy content on the internet.
- Partner with hiring managers and administer the full life-cycle of recruitment/talent acquisition process.
- Conduct new hire onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Maintain employee policies with updates and other pertinent information, as needed.
- Administer employee enrollment for health care; provide special guidance and assistance to employees on employee benefits policies.
- Serve as main point of contact for STD, FMLA, and COBRA.
- Administer and oversee bi-annual performance plans across staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate open benefits enrollment process.
- Experience managing an applicant tracking system (ATS) and Human Resources Information System (HRIS); experience with the Jazz ATS and Namely HRIS platform preferred.
- Proven experience in areas related to talent acquisition, recruitment, selection, benefits, employee relations, organizational development, and performance management.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work and communicate effectively with employees and management.
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal) skills with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or similar discipline; or at least 4 years of equivalent HR benefits experience and background.
- At least two (2) years of related recruitment and human resources experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Mac setup and monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Fast-paced environment with no bureaucracy
- Your choice of monthly parking or Metro stipend
- 100% premium covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 3% contribution to 401k
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Office dogs!